Dear HJIS Parents & Guardians,
We hope that you have enjoyed a pleasant week.
Please allow this email to serve as an update concerning recent school developments relating to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by the HJIS Crisis Management Team ([email protected]).
Recent Kanagawa Prefecture Board of Education Announcement
The Kanagawa Prefecture Board of Education has recently released the following statement(s):
- If necessary, each prefecture will independently order schools to be temporarily closed (all or partially) – if deemed appropriate in terms of public health and safety.
- A school may choose to close on an individual basis if there are several students with COVID-19 infections at the school and/or if COVID-19 infections are reported in close proximity to the school campus – prior to closure, a school must discuss plans with their respective prefecture.
- Principals have the right (and must) order a student with COVID-19 infection to stay at home.
Preventative Measures (Health Checkpoint)
Starting Tuesday, Feb 25, all students and faculty will be required to proceed through a “health checkpoint” (upon entering the HJIS building) including:
- Using Hand Sanitizer
- Undergoing a Temperature Check
- All students registering a fever (37.5 ℃ or above) will be discreetly accompanied to the nurse’s office, examined, and possibly sent home.
- Please make appropriate arrangements to have at least one parent available to pick your child up if necessary. When directed by HJIS Administrative Members and/or Nursing Staff, pick up is mandatory and non-negotiable.
- Donning Face Masks (if available)
- Please send your child to school with a face mask.
Preparations for Possible School Closure
In preparation for possible school closure, HJIS is in the process of finalizing measures to ensure instruction continues for all students.
- Please refer to the following file for more information regarding our continuity of learning plan (if necessary).
- HJIS Continuity of Learning
- Please note – we will make a clear announcement if we intend to switch to virtual learning.
We thank you for your continued communication, care, and patience during this time. For questions regarding COVID-19 please refer to the Head of School Corner – and/or send all related questions to the HJIS Crisis Management Team – [email protected].
HJIS Crisis Management Team